NAPE scholarship opportunities
2015 NAPE Scholarships
NAPE Scholarship Specifics
Twenty-two (22) scholarships awarded each year valued at $500 each:
Nine (9) Regional Scholarships
One (1) Emmanual Strickland Scholarship
One (1) Max Dyke Scholarship
One (1) William Browne Scholarship
Ten (10) At-Large Scholarships
Selection to be made by the NAPE Education Committee, subject to the approval of the Board of Directors/Executive Committee.
Criteria for eligibility:
1. Must graduate from High School in 2015.
2. Must be registered to attend a Post-Secondary Institute in 2015.
3. Parent or legal guardian or Applicant must be a NAPE member in good standing.
4. Must complete a true/false Union based quiz.
Region 1 West Coast (Bonne Bay to Port aux Basques and South to Burgeo)
Region 2 Labrador
Region 3 Grand Falls and surrounding area
Region 4 Gander area
Region 5 Conception and Trinity Bays
Region 6 Hospitals and Health Care Institutions in St. John’s
Region 7 St. John’s and outlying areas including the Southern Shore and excluding Hospitals and Institutions
Region 8 Bonne Bay to St. Anthony
Region 9 Burin Peninsula including Clarenville
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS IS JULY 15th
2014 NAPE Scholarship Recipients
NAPE Awards 22 Scholarships Totaling $11,000 to Students Across the Province
St. John’s, NL – The Newfoundland and Labrador Association of Public and Private Employees (NAPE) has awarded 22 scholarships totaling $11,000 to students pursuing a post-secondary education. NAPE annually awards scholarships to children and dependents of NAPE members pursuing a post-secondary education. Each scholarship is valued at $500.
“There are substantial costs associated with pursuing a post-secondary education. These scholarships can help alleviate some of that burden,” said NAPE President Carol Furlong. “We are very pleased to offer these scholarships each year to recognize the amazing youth of our province. I congratulate each of the recipients and wish them the very best with their post-secondary pursuits.”
Recipients of this year’s NAPE scholarships are:
Emmanuel Strickland Scholarship: Katie Gaudette (Corner Brook)
Max Dyke Scholarship: Megan Noble (Paradise)
Judge Wm. Browne Scholarship: Miguel Shano (Outer Cove)
NAPE Regional and At-Large Scholarships:
Tyler Kelloway (Corner Brook), Kristen Curnew (Forteau), Shania Hickey (St. Alban’s), Douglas Gibbons (Lumsden), Amber Coffey (Placentia), Alyssa St. Croix (Mount Pearl), Coralee Crowley (Chapel’s Cove), Chad Colbourne (St. Anthony), Michelle Isaacs (Lawn), John Walsh (Harbour Main), Ryan Hodder (Mount Pearl), Liam Williams (St. John’s), Danielle Biggin (Daniel’s Harbour), Meghan Hart (St. John’s), Julia Howley (St. John’s), Ryan Caines (Mount Pearl), Joshua Brazil (St. John’s), Lindsay Ralph (Bloomfield), and Catherine Rendell (Mount Pearl).
NUPGE Scholarships are available to NAPE members. There are four in total and they are:
- Tommy Douglas Scholarship $1,500 (awarded to the writer of the best 750-1000 word essay on: How Tommy Douglas contributed to making Canada a more just and equitable society.)
- Terry Fox Memorial Scholarship $1,500 (awarded to the writer of the best 750-1000 word essay on: The importance of quality public services in enhancing the quality of life of people with disabilities.)
- Aboriginal Canadians Scholarship $1,500 (awarded to the writer of the best 750-1000 word essay on: The importance of quality public services in enhancing the quality of life of Aboriginal Canadians.)
- Visible Minorities Scholarship $1,500 (awarded to the writer of the best 750-1000 word essay on: The importance of quality public services in enhancing the quality of life of visible minorities.)
Application forms are available from the NUPGE site: http://www.nupge.ca/scholarships
Deadline is July 6 of each year.
JOHNSON INSURANCE SCHOLARSHIP
The Johnson Scholarship program provides 100 students across Canada with $1,500 scholarships. Go to Johnson Scholarships to find out more.